(1) The Commission shall have all the powers necessary for the execution of its functions under the Constitution, this Act and any other written law.
The Commission may make regulations for the better carrying of its work and such regulations shall be tabled before Parliament for approval
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (1), the Commission shall have powers to;
(3) In the exercise of its powers and the discharge of its functions, the Commission;
The mandate of the National Land Commission (NLC) is drawn from the National Land Policy of 2009, Constitution of Kenya 2010, National Land Commission Act, 2012, the Land Act 2012 and the Land Registration Act of 2012.
(1) Pursuant to Article 67(2) of the Constitution, the functions of the Commission shall be —
(2) Under the National Land Commission Act, the Commission shall:
(3) The Commission shall ensure that all unregistered land is registered within ten years from the commencement of this Act. Parliament may, after taking into consideration the progress of registration, extend the period set by the Commission under subsection.
(4) Within five years of the commencement of the NLC Act, the Commission, on its own motion or upon a complaint by the national or county government, a community or an individual review or grant disposition of public land to establish their propriety or legality.
(5) The Commission shall in consultation and corporation with the national and county governments, establish county land management boards for the purposes of managing public land.
© 2013 - 2019 National Land Commission